Monday 3 February 2014

Cupids wings: classic valentines look

Hello! The day of love is slowly approaching and I was inspired by my favourite red lipstick from Bourjois called sweet kiss to do a valentines makeup look. As it's a very bright red I didn't want to go for much colour on the eye so I decided on a classic winged liner with a natural pink flushed cheek. So if you want to know how I created this look keep reading!




 

On my face


First I used Rimmel match perfection concealer in classic beige using this under my eyes and then taking it onto my lid to use as a primer. Over that using my Real techniques expert face brush I buffed match perfection foundation in soft beige on to my skin and then match perfection translucent  powder.

I used my Naked flushed palette bronzer to contour in the hollows of my cheeks and jaw line and then taking MAC coygirl blush I applied it to the apples of my cheeks just to give a light flushed look.

On my eyes
Using the light beige colour from my BH cosmetics 88 matte colour palette I've labelled "lid base" I put this all over my lid up to the crease then on top of this I used a darker beige from the same palette, I've labelled "lid colour" putting this over my lid again up to the crease and just making sure the two colours are blended together. Now taking a light brown colour I've labelled "crease" I'm using soft shoulder from Benefit I blended this into my crease. Then just going to the light beige colour again using this on the brow bone blending it all with a fluffy blending brush.
For the liner I used the one that came in my beauty kit from college It's just a black liquid liner so any liquid liner will work I know usually it's preference of what works best for you.
To do the wing I make a line going up from my bottom lash line and then a line going out from my top lash line then joining it up in a sharp point, Filling it in then in small stokes making a line along my top lash line towards the inner corner. I try not to keep touching it up till I apply my lashes as this usually makes the line thicker and thicker and before you know it half your eye is covered in the liquid liner! Next using my Emite lash curlers I curled my lashes and then applied 2 coats of my favourite Avon super shock mascara and last popped on my lashes which where the Eyelure pre-glued lashes.
 
 

 


On my lips
I lined my lips with Revlon colourstay lip liner in red and with a thin lip brush applied the Bourjois sweet kiss lipstick and went around my lips with the same Rimmel concealer I used under my eyes just to touch up any mistakes and to create a neater edge.
 


And voila your ready to go on your romantic valentines date!

 

 



 
I hope you found this makeup look/tutorial helpful I would love to see if you recreate this look, use the hashtag #Hannahnhearts on instagram or tweet me @hannahnicolab with your pictures.
Thanks for reading
Hannah
XX






No comments:

Post a Comment